Friday, October 14, 2005

Welcome


October 17, 2005

Hi,

I am the PropMaster. (Yea, I know "prop masters" don't necessarily make or collect props, but who cares?) I bring you news from the world of movie/TV props. As any prop aficionado can tell you, this is a great hobby for getting dates. Girls love it when I pull out my Star trek original series phaser II, or flip the lid on my communicator while standing in line at the super market. Boy, are they impressed by my full scale Han Solo in Carbonite sitting in my living room. And don't even get me started on how impressive it is when I wear my screen used Spock ears.
Some would call us aficionados geeks, but we are just misunderstood. To be successful in this hobby you have to be artistic, determined, lonely, and have a lot of money to spend on the latest cool prop replica. I mean, those Master Replicas props aren't exactly cheap. If you want the best you have to pay for it, right? Even if you have to drive a 1974 Vega as a result.
So, this blog will be dedicated to all the "proppers" out there who have a deep affection for those little, make believe gadgets we all see in movies and on TV. Maybe it's the mystique of the props. Maybe it's the fun that we imagine the props can give. Or, maybe it's just the fumes from glue, resin and paint that we use to build our prop replicas. Either way, it's a fun ride. Stay tuned and see what comes next.
PropMaster